Tuesday, August 26, 2014
We explored every garden we could. We "peeled our eyes" (a family story there about that phrase, for another time) for new, different, beautiful and/or exciting things, sights we'd not seen before.
Or, because I really can't resist a beautiful flower, picket fence or well, I could just, you know, take photos of everything. To that end, here's our meander, with very little in the way of commentary.
1. Sometimes you just need a snuggle with your sister.
2. As you know, we're HUGE Simon's Cat fans around these parts.
5. I think we may have had our last pool day today. I think I'm a bit sad. :o( It's been such a delightful summer. Lil starts school next Tuesday and Bean the following Monday. More on that to come.
6. Christian Formation also begins soon. I have a catechists' meeting tonight. I rather like getting back into the rhythm and groove of the school year.
Sunday, August 24, 2014
No excuses, really, I've just been trying to enjoy what is left of my summer with my girlies. Lil spent the first full week of August at Lissie Camp with Ella and Gabriel. While Liss wouldn't object to a change of scenery and activities with the kiddos, they're determined to always do the same things, such as going to Beadsburg (which was, sadly, closed this year) and to paint pottery.
I don't know how things are around your neck of the woods, but things seem to have changed around the pool since I was a teen. We practically lived at the pool. We would beg to go to the pool. If there was water, we wanted to be a part of it.
I don't see that many folks at the pool any more--at least, not like when I was a kid. I wonder why...
Nothing profound or exciting here, just snippets of our life so far this August.
1. I can't remember if I shared already...
3. We had friends over for company and dinner last night and we had a BLAST!
4. We're planning on going camping next weekend with that same company--how fun is that?
5. Sitting in a relatively clean/clutter-free living room at the moment. I'm going to enjoy it because it's surely not going to last. (Please note I said nothing of the kitchen...;oP)