Tuesday, November 13, 2007
What Me Stressed??
Sleep. Ah, sleep. I wish I could stay asleep once I fall asleep. If it's not the dogs yapping, it's the cat thudding on us (he weighs about 20 pounds...) and not budging, or Lil waking up crying. Or, it's my traitorous body waking up after only four hours' sleep with me wide awake. All this leaves me feeling very exhausted by 8:30 at night.
Combine this with the feelings of having no free time and I'm getting a little restless. It seems I spend the majority of my time during the week grading papers, planning lessons and worrying about the students. That is, when I'm not worried about my family, and stressing over cleaning my house. I can't seem to balance everything right now and I'm getting frustrated.
I don't have the time to visit the blogs I enjoy (hi everyone I've been missing for the past three weeks!), to read for pleasure, or to stamp and make cards. I'm ready for a break. I've got round two of parent/teacher conferences Thursday, and then a two-day week and then Thanksgiving break. Whew.
Thanksgiving is going to be different this year, for so many reasons. Of course, there's the obvious of Hannah not being physically with us. Then, it will just be Mom, Brien, Lily and me. I can't remember the last time we had Thanksgiving with so few people. I always think of Thanksgiving as being a crowd of friends and family with a room full of love and laughter, and the joy of camaraderie. I confess I'm a bit distressed there will only be the four of us, but I know we will make the best of it.
Lissie and I will be stampin' fools (maybe Nana could join us) and then, Friday will be spent getting the house ready for the holidays, including getting the tree. I know I have seemed to be a Christmas curmudgeon, but I'm not. I ADORE the holiday season, but don't want to see it begin before Thanksgiving. I'm already planning the decorations and thinking about what we will do to honor Hannah.
Then, Saturday is my birthday, so we'll have to do something fun then, too. :o) I'm just looking forward to some fun and free time, a time to be stress free and with my family. Is that wrong of me?
1. Thank you, Rachel! The package arrived today, and I'm holding on to it for all I'm worth until I have a down yo again. :o) BTW, I opened the other gift today--I've been a little stressed--and the bracelets are fantabulous!
2. My latest Stampin' Up! order arrived today. So much fun! :o)
3. One of the stamp sets came die-cut so I didn't have to cut it out--yay!!
4. I had another compliment on my weight loss today. Those always feel good. :o)
It seems I really am having a down-ish day. I need time for me, I just have to figure out how to get it.
1. I'm actually planning the holidays without the Monk. How is that possible? How in the world is it possible I'll be having a Thanksgiving sans the Monkey? I'm thinking through all the ways to honor Han throughout the holiday season, instead of making plans to spend time with her. I HATE that, and yet, here I am.
I think I need a good night's sleep and a stress-free weekend to gain a better perspective and readjust my attitude. I'm tired and grumpy and need a break. I hope the rest of you aren't grumpy like me...