Tuesday, March 04, 2008
We now know Lil has strep throat. Woo hoo... Yes, we all know how much Lily loves taking medicine, so this should be an interesting ten days.
When B arrived at Dr. Jen's this morning, Jen told him she had already diagnosed three cases of flu--and it was only 10:00! She swabbed Lil to make sure it wasn't flu (shew!) and took a look at her throat. Noticing it looked a little pink she swabbed it and sure enough, strep. The good news is it has been caught VERY early. Yay! Here's hoping she didn't pass it to me when she coughed directly in my mouth last night.
Those of you with children know how something so disgusting could happen, so I'll spare you the details...
I have to write sub plans and then I'm off to bed, but I wanted to share photos of Lily painting yesterday. I wonder if watercolors aren't her best medium. She is so relaxed and happy when she paints and really seems to enjoy herself. :o)
I LOVE this one. Such a serious, hardworking little face.
I like her little mouth in this one.
The sparkly watercolors and her finished masterpiece.
1. Having sick days to take when I need them. I know there are those out there who have to take a day without pay if this were to occur.
2. Antibiotics. Lil may hate taking them, but they will make her better. What a wonderful discovery they were! :o)
3. Health insurance. Thank GOD for health insurance. We have used the heck out of it the past few weeks. When Lil's meds came to $60 I was stunned! This was with insurance!! How much would it have been without? I was so shocked I actually asked the pharm tech what people who don't have insurance do and he replied, "They don't get this medicine." What?!?!?!? Wow!
4. Another beautiful day! The weather has been beautiful the past few days. :o)
5. Mom's coming this weekend. Yay! I smell a weekend of card making in my future! :o)
6. A day off tomorrow. Sure, I have to write sub plans (I REALLY don't like to do that...), but I'll be with Lily tomorrow and she needs me.
7. Dinner with Dani and her mom, Claire. Lissie always impressed upon Jessie and me the importance of having friends of all ages. When I went to college and met Dani, I adopted her parents as another set of parentals, ones who were close by. I LOVE Al and Claire to bits and pieces and was bummed I didn't get to see Dad tonight. In spite of that, we had a lovely evening. I'm going to miss Dani something fierce when she leaves again tomorrow.
8. The Hokies just beat Wake Forest 80-58!!!!! Holy heck!
Dinner was at a hibachi restaurant this evening. I haven't been to one since I last went with the Monkey. Han LOVED (again, I ask, what DIDN'T Hannah love??) the showmanship and thoroughly enjoyed being entertained while dining. We first took her for my 28th(? I think?) birthday. It was my first visit as well, but I had more fun watching the AWE and joy on the Monkey's face as she watched each new "trick", than I did watching the show. In fact, thereafter, she always suggested Japanese steakhouses when asked where she wanted to dine. :oP
I thoroughly enjoyed myself this evening, if not for me, than for the Monk. She would never have forgiven me if I went to a Japanese steakhouse and didn't have a good time. Hibachi chefs are just too cool for words! :o)
And now, the sub plans calleth. Ugh. :oP