Thursday, July 03, 2008
Wow! I can't believe i lived without my computer--email, blogs, comics, news!--for three days!!
Those of you who know me personally, know I have complained quite bitterly about Vista from the moment I got my computer. It is a HUGE memory hog and seemed to be slowing down ALL my programs. Things finally came to a head when Windows Explorer was continually not responding and I was so aggravated with my machine I was ready, quite literally, to throw it out a window or down the stairs!
As soon as I got home from Lissie's, I asked Brien if he could back up all my files and install XP instead--I was that sick of the problems. I was willing to risk losing everything just to have a computer I could actually use. So, B backed up EVERYTHING and stripped my hard drive. We talked about it, and B decided a big part of my problem was probably all the additional crap that Toshiba had installed and went ahead and reinstalled Vista. Wow! No more problems, no lag, no locking up. Wooooo hooo!!!
And, best of all, I'm BACK!!
Mom and Paul will arrive this afternoon/evening to spend the 4th with us. I'm sure they'll be on the Wii for quite a bit of time (Mom loves the bowling ;oP) and, of course, card making in Monkey Studios. :o)
I've been busy since I got home. I have done all the laundry, steam cleaned the downstairs carpets, scrubbed the kitchen floor (think hands and knees), cleaned the bathrooms and Lil's room and made Ella's birthday card. Okay, so the last one wasn't a chore. :oP
I've got to get to the grocery store (haven't done that yet...) and finish getting the house ready for the arrival of guests. I'll leave you with photos from Lissie's and some more cards.
Lil decided this was her "baf tub" and climbed right in (after carrying it to this spot). :o)
I can't say that I've ever sent Fourth of July cards before, but decided I wanted to make some patriotic cards, especially after finding some fun red, white and blue starred grosgrain at Michael's. Brilliant Blue, Real Red and Cerise papers were used. The star is from All Through the Year.
I can't get away from this Pick A Petal stamp set--I just LOVE it! So Saffron and Chocolate Chip papers and inks as well as Barely Banana and Close to Cocoa inks.
This is the cutest stamp set (Life's a Breeze) and nearly impossible for me to use--I don't know why. I struggled for three hours (true story) to try to think of something fun for this set. This was the best I could come up with. The papers are Tempting Turquoise and Yoyo Yellow and the inks are Pink Passion, Basic Black, Cameo Coral, Green Galore and Yoyo Yellow. The sand was done using Summer Sun and Creamy Caramel and the sky is Tempting Turquoise. I think it came out "okay" all things considered.
I CASED this one from Michelle Force. I didn't have the ribbon she had, but loved the use of Gable Green and Bashful Blue together. I also LOVED the Dazzling Diamonds used on the wings of the Green Galore dragonfly. To get the light blue effect, I stamped once off the paper and then on the paper for a ghost-y effect. The stamp set is "Bugs and Kisses" and another set I find very difficult to use in spite of the cute cute cute bugs.
A close up of the sparkly wings. :o)
This card was designed for Paul. The wanted to do something with this little guy from the "Wild About You" stamp set. I used Wild Wasabi and Basic Black inks and paper.
To those who are wondering, I'm still trying to figure out what to do with all the cards I make. I do send out quite a few of them, but am still considering selling them, either through the site or Etsy. I'm fairly certain there are legalities involved in selling items with SU! images being used so I'll have to check into that as well. Believe me, I'm really giving this a LOT of thought. :o)
1. Is there anything better than a clean and clutter-free kitchen? I stand at my island and look at my kitchen and just sigh. It was such a chore de-cluttering Brien's counter, but really worth it. :o)
2. Mom and Paul will be here today and tomorrow is FIREWORKS!!! :o)
3. My hair is looking nice and curly today. I have been perusing naturallycurly.com again and found a couple of techniques I didn't know about that have helped give lift to my crown. YES! Who knew you could use duckbill clips to lift your hair and roots to diffuse??
4. Lil received a package the other day with the cutest socks from Jennifer at rosietoesies.com and they are TOOOOOOO cute! :o) Thank you, Jennifer--she LOVES them. I'll try to get pictures and get them posted.
5. We also got a package from Wendy then other day. She made the most ADORABLE headbands and hair clips in Hokies colors and I had to have them. The hair clip looks like a cute little Hokie Bird and Lil is in LOVE. I'll have to get a picture of that as well. Thanks, Wendy! :o)
6. Everyone who came to visit and leave messages when I was down and out. Thanks! I really do appreciate all the love. :o)
Have a great day, everyone!