Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A Quick Post

As you know, I've got that stampin' class Saturday and I have yet to make my models or cut any paper. As such, I've got to get into the studio and get to work. I've also got to get some of my Christmas cards made so I can get them in the mail. This is all made a little more difficult due to a Lily who is fighting sleep at 8:30. I have this sinking feeling we missed her window and she is now over tired. I hate it when we do that.

You see, since we needed to take Mason back to Nana and Pop's house, I thought we could go ahead and go as a family and let Lil look at the "Krisskriss" lights. Bad idea on my part it would seem. You know what they say, "you reap what you sow" and well, I've sowed some cranky oats...

To that end, I'm going to post my hot fudge pie recipe, my sparklies and be off.

Hot Fudge Pie
(I typically double the recipe and pour it into two graham cracker crusts.)

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate
  • 1 1/4 cups sugar
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • pinch salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Preparation:

Directions for Chocolate Pie
Melt butter and chocolate in double boiler (I use the microwave); beat in sugar. Fold in flour and salt. Add vanilla. Beat eggs; fold into chocolate mixture with pecans. Turn into a greased 9-inch pie plate. Bake at 350° for 20 to 30 minutes. Center of the chocolate pie should still be moist when done.


This pie is ohmygoodness deadly and rich. Beware. ;o)

*********************************

Today's Sparklies:

1. The Advent wreath in my classroom. Yet another reason I love where I work. :o)
2. On the way home this afternoon Lily asked, "May I watch Ralphie please?" Ah, a girl after my own heart. ;o)
3. I've broken out the Christmas socks. It was time.
4. Lil's gifts arrived from Magic Cabin today and I couldn't be more pleased. They are high quality and gifts she is sure to enjoy. :o) Now, I only need to worry about ALL of Brien's family...:sigh:
5. My house looks SO wonderful all decked out for the holidays. It just makes me smile. :o) I have such fond memories of begin pregnant with Lil this time of year, sitting on the couch knitting while watching "Ralphie", feeling all snug and cozy.
6. Studio time.
7. My birthday gift from Jen and family. I'll try to remember to post it tomorrow.


No milestones.

***********************************

And now, I'm off. ;o)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
I do hope your Miss Bit is fast asleep by now~ Love the pictures of your decorations!(and how tall your cellings are!)
On the oh so yummy sounding pie do you have to use nuts? I can't wait to try it!
Wish you luck getting ready for the class!

Lots of hugs
Heart from Ohio

Anonymous said...

Hugs.

Rach said...

Heart, I ALWAYS leave out the nuts, but some people like them so I went ahead and included them in the recipe. :o)

Jennifer said...

Rachel you are amazingly talented! Have you ever thought about opening up an Etsy shop? Your cards would fly off the shelves... er, the web! :)

Laurie said...

Rachel, I completely agree with Jennifer on the Etsy shop. Your cards are the most beautiful ones I have seen. The hot fudge pie sounds deadly delicious. I just may have to make me and hubby one. We love our chocolate!! Love you girl. You are getting me in the mood to decorate.:)

Love, Laurie

Jess T said...

Mmmm...sounds yummy! :) Thanks.

HEART said...

Rach,
I am so glad to hear that the nuts are either or, and that I am not the only one that ALWAYS leaves out the nuts. Nothing against nuts I do like them by themselves but not IN anything.

Hugs
Heart from Ohio

Ritzmom said...

Thanks so much for the recipe. I made two pies for our hockey happy hour social tonight. It was such an easy recipe for the very challenged cook (ME). Thanks again!

martha said...

Thx for the recipe! I mostly lurk but follow your journey every day. I made so MANY of your Christmas candies last year and EVERYONE is asking for them again this year, especially the mounds. Thx for continuing to share your heart, and your recipes :)
Shelly