Wednesday, January 21, 2009
A New Home
As I mentioned Monday, we visited Colonial Heritage with Mom and Dad to check out their new abode. Still recovering from her illness, Lily fell asleep in the car and remained so for over an hour. I know, I sat with her. ;o)
She had dressed carefully for the day in her pink tutu skirt and cowboy boots. Let me tell you, folks, those boots go with everything. Don't believe me? Just ask Lil. ;o)
Lily had a grand time checking out the digs and letting us know what was good and where we should head next. Pop and I chatted briefly and he mentioned Han should be there to give the "grand tour". You see, when we moved into our house, right before Lil was born, Han LOVED to show off our house, dragging people from room to room to room, expounding upon the wonders and delights to be had therein. :o) Oh, she was so delightfully funny and cute as she did so and she took her job so seriously. Ah, what a kiddo.
Anyhow, without Han to guide you along, you'll have to put up with me. Here are photos of the new house:
I have to say, I LOVE the stonework on the front. Pop informed us it was Hokie Stone which of course made us all smile.
Here's the kitchen.
Looking into the kitchen from the breakfast nook.
Family room which Mom and Dad will be converting to a dining room as it flows from the kitchen to nook to this room. It just makes sense to reassign the room.
The back patio, accessed through sun room.
Master bath. Love the tub. :o)
Master bedroom. Love the light--the windows are wonderful. :o)
Okay, the staircase. I'm standing in the current dining room which Mom and Dad will convert into a family room. Looking back to the left you can se the breakfast nook, and new dining room. Off to the right behind the stairs is the entrance to the kitchen, and that room off to the right is the room Mom will use as a craft room. Then, off to the far right is a hallway to the front bedroom.
There you are, the front door and that hall to the front bedroom.
The room to the left is the "princess room" and heck, I just liked the view down the stairs. ;o)
And, the princess room. The little girls (Lydie, Joss and Lil) all love this door. Wonder why? :oP
Wallpaper in the Princes room. This room will be used for the kiddos' toys and for little girls who stay the night.
The front bedroom downstairs.
Just because. ;o)
Lil in the sun room. The sun room is off behind the new family room.
It is truly a wonderful home and I'm delighted for Nan and Pop! :o)
Today was a nice day and low key. I walked around with a happy, hopeful heart and felt renewed. I can't explain it, it's just there. :o) Lil's on the mend, life has settled back into its routine and all is well once again.
1. My step arrived. Yes, I'm sick and twisted, but I really do enjoy step aerobics and I had forgotten quite how much until I did it on Wii Fit. I generally don't enjoy aerobics, but add the step, and somehow it's fun. I'm going to continue to increase my activity level and cut portions and junk. I've decided "dieting" isn't healthy, but choosing to eat a more healthful diet, monitoring that which I put in and how much I put in, is. I don't want Lil to grow up with a poor body image or the idea that some foods are "bad" and some are "good". Teaching, you realize, YOU are the model and this carries over to home and the examples I set for the Lil.
2. Lois, I forgot to mention just how much we LOVE the penguin ornament! Thanks bunches! :o)
3. I remembered to post the pan roasted veggies and pasta recipe to Follow Your Bliss. Hooray! I'm going to start posting my recipe successes there, so check it out. Jessie is posting about crafting and gardening, Lissie about life and I food. Well rounded and fun. :o)
4. Lily's finally finally her old self again. Yay!
5. I had to chuckle over dinner this evening. We had our stand-by easy chicken enchiladas (if you are interested in the recipe, let me know and I'll post it over on the other blog) and Lil was a bit put-off by their appearance. We found an incentive for eating. She could have a number five for each bite she took. She had five bites, therefore, five number fives. She picked them out, counted them, and then declared it was time for bed. LOL! ;o)
6. Another Lil funny: She looked at my hair over dinner and asked, "Mommy, you need a hairscut?"
"Yes, Sweetie, I do."
"Jessie needs to cut your hair den?"
"Daddy, you need Jessie to give you a hairscut?"
"Jessie is my favorite stylist, yes."
"I need a hairscut too!"
Mommy: "Lil, do you want to call Aunt Jessie and ask her for a haircut?"
**insert dialing here**
"Aunt Jessie, I need a haircut!" demanded the puss. Ahhh, gotta love kids. ;o)
7. The Hokies are playing undefeated, number 1 Wake Forest this evening and have been leading them ALL night! Basketball is NOT the Hokies strongest sport so I'm fairly tickled by this. With 57.7 seconds left, we're leading by 4, 75-71. :fingers crossed: :toes crossed: I swear, though, they gotta stop missing the foul shots!
8. I hadn't been back to Naturallycurly.com for a while and found myself playing there again this evening. I forgot what a wonderfully useful resource this is for curlies. Speaking of which, if you are a curly, what product do you use that you like? I LOVE my Jessicurl, but as happens every so often, my hair needs a break from it. I know it sounds odd, but it happens. I'm going to retry Curlisto for the time being as that's what I have in the house but I'm open to other options if you have any for me. :o)
Well, folks, it's Wii Fit time! Ya'll have a great night and wonderful day tomorrow! :o)