Saturday, March 07, 2009
Feeling A Smidge Better
Brien slept on the couch last night while I had the bed. I didn't blame him a whit as I don't want him to suffer the ill-effects of this ickiness. I was up at 7 unable to return to sleep, due in part to the sweet little imp up there. She is so uncertain as to what to do with me. She wants to play, to make me better however she can and is unhappy when her efforts come to naught. As the day has progressed I've felt heaps better, thank goodness. I've been a bit lightheaded this evening, but chalk that up to not having any food of substance (Jell-o and Popsicles just don't cut it somehow) for over 48 hours. I'm not dehydrated, at least. Whew. :o)
So, while Brien and Lil have gone off to Ukrop's and Tar-jay (Pop's birthday party is tomorrow) I'm sitting here trying to decide what I want to eat. Watching Chocolat is not helping in the least as suddenly all I want is loads and LOADS of chocolate, lol. :oP Speaking of Chocolat, is Johnny Depp not the most delicious man alive?? Oh he is divine in this movie. Ahhhh. :happy sigh: I've never seen the movie before this evening, but have always ejoyed the soundtrack. In fact, it was one of Han's favorites. She would always ask, "Could we please listen to 'Shuffle Up', Mommy?" So far it is turning out to be quite delightful. :o) Of course, with Mr. Depp as the eye-candy it would be hard not to enjoy it. ;o)
Meanwhile, I'm hoping to be all better by tomorrow as I have so much work to do. The temperature is supposed to be close to 75 and I've got outside chores--such as getting my raised beds put together--to do and loads and LOADS of laundry to be done. Eek! I guess I just don't have time to be sick.
I'm beyond disappointed I'm not with the girls--I was SO looking forward to it. :o( I hope they didn't get this nastiness
1. Miss Bit bringing me a slice of pizza and one for herself today in an effort to make me feel better. Sweet girl.
2. We had a family band jam this afternoon with Lil on the harmonica, me on the drums and B on the xylophone. Hee hee. :o)
3. Speaking of the Bit, I'm fairly certain she must be going through a growth spurt. She ate two cereal bars, three slices of cheese pizza and a slice of peanut butter bread for breakfast. Sheesh!
4. Snow last week and these signs of spring today:
5. A husband who, even though he despises grocery shopping, is currently at the store, with Munchkin in tow, because I'm too ill to be out infesting others.
This is the first time I've listened to "Shuffle Up" since Hannah died. Typically, when taken by surprise by music I burst into tears and have a terrible time of it. In fact, I still have a terribly difficult time with ABBA at times. This time, however, the music isn't making me so sad. I'm not sure why and really, I don't think it matters. I'm trying to enjoy it just as Hannah would. :o)
Here's hoping one more evening and I'll be good as gold tomorrow. I have to be--it's Pop's birthday party. :oP