The internet is intermittent--if I can "borrow" it from the neighbors, I'm good to go. Otherwise, my internet existence is an effort in futility. Gr!
I have a TON of photos to share, but no way to post them on a "borrowed" connection--it's too slow, almost like dial-up--UGH!
Mom came yesterday, bearing large quantities of furniture and I've lost my playroom and office. The studio is a shambles, as well, but the guest room looks GREAT. ;o) My bedroom has come together nicely as well. Why is it whenever I seem to get one room cleaned, straightened and taken care of three others are destroyed?!?!? :eye roll: B and I hung chocolate colored Roman shades and cream drapes in the bedroom today and the room is finished. It looks put together, clutter-free and peaceful, everything I was going for. :o)
The guest room has the new pieces Lissie gave us and looks like an honest-to-goodness guest room. :o) I have to do what I can with the studio tomorrow. Tomorrow night I've also got a ton to do. The DAV is coming Tuesday morning to pick up EVERYTHING I've collected to donate, including furniture. The problem is, I have to have everything to the curb and well, B's not allowed to lift anything "heavy" so I'm wondering how the heck I'm going to get that furniture out there. Oy. Vey.
B and I have also talked about it, and we decided with the house the wreck it is, and the desire for some semblance of calm, we're not going to have a heaven day party Sunday. I think I just want to be low-key, not worrying about entertaining and then trying to clean up afterward. I've done way too much cleaning the past few days... Maybe we'll take a hike or something--we'll have to give it some thought. We love everyone so much and love to have you with us, but we just don't think we can face the aftermath of such fun right now. :o( I'm so sorry. :o(
1. Playing at the pool with Nan and Pop Saturday. :o)
2. Having a clean and relatively straightened up house for about six hours Saturday. ;o)
3. The new furniture is lovely--thanks, Mom. :o)
4. The finished bedroom. Did I mention those Roman shades are light blocking? Hooray for no morning sun shining in the windows at 5:15 in the morning. Hooray for no more flood light from the neighbor's yard shining in the widow in the middle of the night. :o)
5. Lil has been delightful this weekend. Ah, heck, who am I kidding, she's usually delightful. :oP
6. I made TWO Paul Deen's Not Yo' Mama's Banana Puddings this evening--one for us, and one for Nana and Pop for all their help yesterday. Thanks, guys! :o)
No milestones, but we did decide we want to be more low-key this year for Heaven Day.