We were able to get her to do it again and again, and shared with with both Lissie and Nana and Pop. Lil and I have tried desperately all day to have a repeat performance. Alas, this was the best we could get:
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing
Even though it's not the full-on belly laughs of yesterday, it's still pretty wonderful and brings SUCH a smile to my face. :o) The Bean is absolutely IN LOVE with her big sister. And, I think Lil loves her too. ;o)
This makes my heart sing, it really does. Hannah was an amazing, beautiful, talented, loving, delightful child. And, while she loved her sister, she was NEVER in love with her. I was so worried about their relationship. So worried. Lily ADORED her so very much and well, the Monkey had other things to do. It used to break my heart.
To see these two play like this is a balm. I know had Hannah lived, she and Miss Bit would fuss and carry on, and would also be playing together and loving one another like nobody's business. I'm just sad I never was blessed to experience it.
If you had told me three years ago I could experience this much joy and happiness, this much peace, I would have thought you insensitive and crazy. And, yet, here I am, blessed to have a funny (if somewhat strange at times) Bit and her little sister who is utterly CRAZY about her. Laughter is good for the soul. :o)
Had I not experienced those lows after losing Hannah, these moments would not be nearly so sweet. I have a deeper appreciation for all that is good and joyful in my life as a result of my loss.
1. While the weather may be icky and wet, it's also cool, meaning autumn temps are on their way!!
2. Comfort food for dinner. Creamy mushroom noodle bake, baby. :oP
3. Tonight is the first evening I've burned candles since last winter. It's so warm and inviting and smells SO good.
4. Ellie's laughter and Lil's joy in making that happen. :o)
5. Waylen's happiness in having Holly home. He went with us on our getaway and Holly stayed at the resort. We thought Waylen was having a couple of down health days, but when he perked up and ran all over the place with Holly when she came prancing in the door, we realized he was down because he missed her. Sweet boy dog.
As you all know, I have a number of friends expecting babies this year (about ten of you out there!). One of my friends has been diagnosed with preeclampsia and has been put on bed rest. The baby isn't due until December. If you could, please send prayers and positive thoughts her way. Thanks bunches! :o) We want to keep that baby a-bakin' as long as possible. A well-baked baby is a good thing. :o)