Wednesday, February 09, 2011
This morning, Lil and I went through our favorite heirloom seed catty and selected the veggies we wanted to plant this year. We then made plans of our two raised beds and plotted where each would be planted. Then, I visited their site and made my purchases.
Lil put in a couple of special requests, so we'll be picking up some pumpkin and watermelon seeds as well. Given the size and space of our backyard, this shouldn't be a problem.
Oh, I'm just getting giddy about this! I have all these plans swirling around in my head and I'm anxious to get going. My beds are shot all to pieces right now and need a bunch of TLC, but I can "see" how they are going to be come spring and summer. :o)
This bed is going to house the tomatoes this year, as it gets the most sun. It'll also be the herb bed.
Wait, what's that I spy in one of the front squares? Could it be...?
I'm also making plans for out front.
Anyhow, the weather is supposed to be simply lovely this weekend and into next week, giving Lil and me plenty of time to get out and begin to clean and make ready our gardens. She's hoping we can put in one more garden this year, one for HER. :o)
1. B called this afternoon and had me check out the sky. The clouds looked as if they were a giant body of water with the wind rippling over it and a stream running through it. It was amazing.
2. Planning planning planning.
3. Having a place to keep those plans. ;o)
4. NOVA has been really cool the past few weeks. This week is "Build it Smarter". The shows have been all about how nature has influenced science and improvements in technology.
5. Portion control at work once again--only one chicken enchilada for dinner tonight. Go me!