Sunday, August 07, 2011
A Whirlwind Trip
We didn't get into town until well after 10:00 Friday night, and left this morning after breakfast. Yesterday, we made a VERY quick trip to Steppin' Out, but didn't stay for long because it was so hot and humid. Okay, not hot so much as REALLY humid. You would think I would be used to humid, what with living here and all, but wow. I was drenched within minutes of arrival.
I really do love where I live, and I've worked so hard on my house and yard, but if the opportunity arose, I'd be in Blacksburg again in a heartbeat. I know not everyone has such an affinity for their hometown, but there is truly something special about the 'burg. :o)
Meanwhile, while we were gone, Holly went to stay with Nana and Pop, and the boys hung loose at home. While Holly was certainly glad to see us--she needed a break from those pesky puppies ;oP--the boys are beyond happy we're home as well. I don't think they've given us a moment's peace since we arrived, and in fact, I have a lap full of IBKC (itty bitty kitty committee or "the committee" for short) even as I type.
All of us are happy to be together again, although I'm sure they're going to miss Lily in the morning. :oS
Me? I'm REALLY missing her already. The year of parallels continues for me now. We had our Fourth of July trip to the 'burg with Han and Lil, and then, by the beginning of August, it was just Brien, Lil and me.
Well, I once more have a house sans a five year old, and even though I know it's only for a week (we'll pick her up from Jessie's next Monday), I'm still anxious about having her gone and only having Beanie with us. I KNOW she's going to have a blast, and we definitely needed a break from each other--the dog days of summer were really upon us last week--but I'm a bit anxious. I'm not sure how to write what's in my heart and head, this is the best I can do.
I'm planning on keeping busy. I'd like to get her room painted while she's gone, as well as painting the downstairs bathroom and the dining room. I'd like to work on the offudio, clean up the garage and be able to park in there once again. Maybe by keeping busy, it'll keep my mind off her being away.
I'm also planning on lots of one-on-one time with Ellie Bean. It's all going to be good and wonderful, I know not to borrow trouble by worrying and becoming anxious, so I'm going to try and take it one day at a time.
1. Being in the 'burg.
2. Visiting with Mom, Paul, Jess, Bob and the kids.
3. The sideboard has FINALLY made it to it's home where the piano once lived. We got it in the van and out of the van and into the space. Whew!
4. We took as many backroads home today as we could while the Bean napped, listening to Bill Bryson.
5. The greeting we received from our fur babies.
6. It's time to start planning out football season!! The tickets have arrived!!!!!!!!!!
7. We ordered Lil's backpack Friday. We got this one. I searched for one that would be small enough for her petiteness, but large enough to accommodate folders and books and a lunchbox. I also wanted something that would last. I think this fits the bill.
8. Liss sent this link today. If you love books, prepare to swoon.
A house sans five year old once again. :o(