|Obviously a view from the bridge.|
Meanwhile, the loveseat is now in the kitchen. As I wrote yesterday, it works. :o)
The bookshelves are filled with all sorts of Christmas-y goodness.
Three of the snowmen are tea light holders, but I can't light them on the shelf like that. Instead, I'm using LED tea lights. I found them for a song at Costco and snapped them up. I'm so glad I did!
Then, last year, we decided with Bean in the house this was the best choice. It was prelit and steady on it's feet. I could manage an artificial tree for a couple years, couldn't I? Well, I'm thinking I'm a convert who won't be going back. This bad boy went up in 3 minutes flat. We brought the pieces in, B snapped 'em together and we plugged her in. No fuss, no muss, and a pretty tree to boot.
I always love going into craft stores this time of year because they smell so yummy from the cinnamon pine cones. Since I have no evergreen smell in my house these days, I decided I should have some yummy pine cones--which I got on BIG sale from JoAnn along with the basket holding them.
I wasn't sure where I was going to put my snowman card holder. He seems to be working out fine right there for the time being. We'll see what happens as he becomes more filled. He's rather Beanie height, you see...
The wall hanging was a birthday gift from my dear friend, Julie. We had to hang him low because there is a button you can push that makes the snowflakes light up, and well, the girls like to be the ones to push that button.
I swear to you, I had no idea I had this snowman thing until around 5 years ago. How could I not have noticed I had a collection of them?!? :shakes head:
Thank you, once more, to all of you who sent in ornaments. I smile every year when I get them out and hang them on Hannah's tree. They are all perfect and wonderful an it means the world to me you all thought enough of us to send an ornament that reminded you of our girl.
Now, why the chuckling? This is the tree that can be seen through the sidelight, NOT the living room tree, lol. :o) That angel sits up there and flashes on and off, on and off and that's what people see as they drive by. Ha!
Dani brought this star from Germany. It too is a lovely addition to the sparkly tree.
Do you see Georgie-boy down there? I love looking off the bridge at night and seeing the downstairs all lit up and gorgeous.
So, we're all decked out and ready to be merry. Now to work on the cards and candy...
1. I got a text from Jori asking if my girls would like to do a daily elf report with her girls where they would share photos of what their elves got into the night before. I thought it was brilliant, snapped a quick pic of the Fibmeister and sent it on (he got into the makers last night--he has pretty neat handwriting for an elf). Buddy (the Jeps elf) tried to go ice skating on a metal cake stand. Oops! Lil is going to LOVE this!
2. Speaking of loving, she is loving Fisbee more than ever this year. So far I've been pretty good about not forgetting him. We'll see what happens as mid-December rolls around...
3. All the Christmas decor up and the tubs and boxes put away. I can sit and admire and enjoy without feeling stressed from the clutter. Whew.
4. Tacos for dinner. I love easy dinner nights.
5. It got cool again--finally!
6. Sparkles galore! My entire house seems to be glitterific. ;o)