New Year's goals and assess how I'm doing.
Today marks the beginning of February (holy cow where did January go??) and it's time to look and assess.
1. Yes, I'm spending less time on the computer--although I know I can do more.
2. Make five cards a week? Hardly. I'm falling way behind on this one, and it's time to step up to the plate.
3. Send two cards a week? Nope. Gotta do number two to get to number three. Drat.
4. Working on being more green? Yup.
5. So far so good on the birthday front. I just came through January with a whopping four family birthdays (B, Lydie, Gracie and Gabe). Gotta get in the offudio and make a card for Bill since his birthday is next week!
6. More movement. Yup yup yup! Still going strong on this one. If I can't get out for my walk, I run on the "hamster wheel".
7. Out in nature more? Every day that I can! Ellie and I have been so enjoying our morning walks! :o) We hadn't been out for over a week due to her fever, our travel and then her illness. It felt so good to get out and be in the fresh air and nature. It didn't hurt it's about 65 degrees headed up towards 70 today.
8. Being more mindful of tone of voice and not being so argumentative. I think I'm making progress, but really, B and the girls would have to be the judge of that. I'm working on it, and that's a start.
9. Spending money less? I've cut my grocery budget by $50/week. I'm trying, I really am.
Looking over that list, I see I need to spend more time being creative and getting in the offudio. I've taken it baby steps at a time (anyone else thinking of "What About Bob?" with his "baby steps" program?) and will continue to do so. These are changes that I feel are important in my life, not just something I'm trying to do for only a little while. I find that changes are easier to make when you do them by slow degrees and are consistent than when you rush it all at once. Now that I've gotten much of the list started, it's time to focus on that second goal. :o)
1. Did I mention the weather out there is GORGEOUS? I have windows thrown open to let in the glorious fresh air!
2. My cousin Laura and her family just welcomed a new baby--Addison--who is just as teeny as Beanie was. She's beautiful and tiny and oh so very precious!
3. Beanie and I able to get out for our morning walk. Oh that felt good. :o)
4. Feeling good about myself and the positive changes I'm trying to make in my life.
5. Even though it was overcast, it was still lovely this morning:
6. Brien taking care of getting his brakes repaired. It may be pricey, but his safety is priceless.
Papa's birthday is tomorrow. He'd be 62. Unbelievable. Happy Birthday, Whistle Pig! May the groundhog see his shadow in your honor. :o) I miss you, Papa, and hope you and Granny and Pawpaw and Tucker and Hannah and and and...all our family have a fantastic party. Make sure the Monkey gives you a big fat squeeze from us, okay? :o)