Thursday, May 24, 2012
So, whenever I needed new tennis shoes (not that often when you don't do much in the way of exercise), I would hit the outlets and pick up a pair of Saucnonys. I wasn't that worried about much more than comfort when walking and support. I could get them at less than half the cost at a sporting goods store and they were stylish and comfortable.
Then, I decided it was time to get moving and get healthy. The tennies I was using were falling apart and had over 400 miles on them. They were done. I asked around and was told if I wanted to get shoes I should hit a locally owned sporting goods store.
I walked in and told the lady there I was told their store was where I needed to go to get fitted for shoes. She looked at the wear pattern on my shoes, flexed and bent the shoe, looked at my gait, felt my (nonexistent) arch and more. She told me she had something for me and came back with these.
She also said she could see that I did indeed strike my heel on the outside but that I then land fairly centered on the flat of my foot, and that, although I really could use some support for the arch, she was afraid to give me any because it would lift my foot and cause me to roll to the outside even more. Doh!
So, I've been wearing these babies all day to help break them in. They'll get their first big workout tomorrow. :o)
1. New shoes--even if they are tennies.
2. One of the golden candy plants has a bloom:
4. For Lissie, all the recent daylilies that have bloomed:
Frankly Scarlet's are beginning to bloom. These guys are tallish and have a lovely 4" or so bloom.
Little Strawberry Shortcakes are packing a big punch. They are short, but boy howdy are they lovely. Mine are a bit more coral-y than the ones at the Oakes site.
5. It was breakfast for dinner night. We had homemade bickies (biscuits), scrambled eggs (I had some shredded cheddar on mine), and sausage (Morning Star patties). It was easy and delicious. B is out until who knows when, so it was just the girls and me.
6. I cleaned and organized the playroom and the school room. Hurricane Bean had been through both and dumped and destroyed pretty much everything in the school room. It was awful. Now it's not. It was one of those tasks that was so big that kept putting it off because I just had no idea where to start. It took close to three hours, but it's DONE. Whew!