With summer starting and the end to my school year routine, I knew I would be at sixes and sevens if I didn't get a new one in place shortly. Additionally, it became quite clear today that without some sort of behavior system in place it was going to be a LOOOOONG summer and I was going to wind up losing my mind.
With that in mind, and with the knowledge I typically like to sit on my duff and hide out in the A/C during the heat of summer, AND knowing how Miss Bean likes to get out and about, Lil and I sat down and created a couple of very important documents today.
behavior system. Because she was in school during the day, I didn't really need it at home. With school out and Lil home all day long, I knew we needed to fire it back up. Ellie is on the "three strikes and you're in your room for two minutes" system. Lil being older is able to handle something a bit more sophisticated. We revamped her consequences and rewards and tied it into her nickle allowance system.
I got up at 5:30 this morning so I could meet C at CW. With the girls out of school and the summer heat getting ready to crank up, we decided it would be best to get out early, before B had to leave for work. I have to say I was none too pleased when the alarm went off, and yet, once I had a hit of coffee (on my way over) and was out in the beauty of the early morning, I felt wonderful. Well, that, and I did two 11:00 min/miles. :o) I'm not sure if Michelle will want to join me on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but I'll still be going then. If not, she and I can walk while the girls are at swim practice in the morning.
Which reminds me...Lil swam the length of the pool this morning! She did 75m--two lengths on her front and one on her back. I'm SO proud of her! Her confidence is growing by leaps and bounds and she's truly swimming. Incredible!
|command center central|
I'll do Mommy School on Monday and Wednesday and we'll be doing math, science, reading and writing. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday will still see reading and writing time, as that is so key. Now all I have to do is plan out what we're going to do...But hey, one step at a time, right?
1. Getting my plan mapped out. I can't tell you what a huge burden has been lifted. My days simply flow better when I have a course of action (you can take the teacher out of the classroom, but...)
2. Miss Bit's swimming prowess. She'll be competing in meets before you know it!
3. Lil received some Orbeez for her half birthday from Sadie and we're growing them. They're so cool!
4. Getting up and out early this morning. The world is still so fresh and new at that hour--not to mention bright. Sheesh! ;o)
5. There was an accident involving one of my daylilies which resulted in a scape loaded with buds breaking. I put it in a vase without much hope and lo and behold, I've had a new bloom every day. :o)
Swim meet this evening so I'm posting early today. :o)