One of our family's favorite comfort foods is the tuna casserole Lissie made up when Jessie and I were tiny kids. Whenever we all get together, it's a sure bet tuna casserole will be made. Jess and I love it, our kids love it, and it makes enough to feed an army.
I wanted Lissie to make one (it always tastes better when somebody else makes it) so we could have it for dinner tonight, lunch tomorrow and again for dinner tomorrow night (did I mention it feeds an army??).
As she was putting it together, she had the oven preheating. She popped it in, and we all chilled in the living room, waiting for dinner to be ready. Liss was on top of things today and we were going to have bubbly, creamy, tuna-y, cheesy goodness at 5:30. I couldn't wait!
Tragedy struck when Liss walked in the kitchen at 5:30 and discovered PF flashing on the oven control panel. You see, that is what shows up when we've had a power failure. ACK! Yes, we were having thunder storms--and boy were they doozies--but none of us noticed the power flickering. The oven sure noticed though.
There in the oven sat the cold, uncooked tuna casserole. :o( You're feeling really sorry for me, aren't you? Here it is 6:10 and no dinner. Buuuut, that tuna sure does smell good cooking and bubbling away in the oven.
Duh! We should have noticed we weren't smelling it baking. :sigh:
Oh well. So dinner's been a bit delayed and everyone knows delayed gratification makes everything better, right? ;o)
1. We ventured out today! We went to the library (where I used ye olde knee walker) and then to the Rocking Chair Store for lunch (where I used crutches). We came home and I was utterly wiped out! Go figure.
2. As I sit here with my leg all propped up, Lissie just brought me a bowl of tuna casserole. YUM!
3. I actually felt my toes coming to life last night! Hooray! They're numb again today, but there was definitely feeling last night and boy were those piggies a tinglin'.
4. Thunder storms reminding me of my Monkey.
5. My cross stitch is coming right along. AND, Jessie picked up a pattern for me today. :o)