Tuesday, July 31, 2012
She's still tiny, but not that tiny. And, she's still cute. :o) But, she's growing up and doing so quickly. She's having her first sleepover this evening. The girls' mom came to pick her up and she'll be staying the night with them.
Lil has stayed over with her Nana and Pop, her Lissie and her Aunt Jessie, but never before with non-family. I confess, I'm a bit worried. My girl is a homebody and I hope she's too busy have a good time to worry about being scared. :fingers crossed:
I was chuckling with Lissie yesterday over Lil and her antics. She said once she puts the girls to bed (when they're staying the night with her), she goes downstairs and waits for Bitty to show up and explain why she can't go to sleep. The laugh was because the child does the same thing here. She never actually fights us, she just finds ten million reasons to get out of her bed. And, while I can smile about it now, it's rather annoying when I so desperately want her to be in bed so I can finally have some down time. :oS
So, here's hoping she's off her game and too busy playing with C and M to worry about not sleeping. I'm only a little sad that my girl has reached this milestone--it means she's growing up.
In other events from the day, Sarah took pity on my poor bored hide and dragged her two up for a visit today. Oh thank GOD! Between the trip out last night and the visit today, I'm feeling in a far better humor. :o) Sarah was a doll and got lunch for the girls and then cleaned my kitchen! I didn't ask, she just came in and did it. She even wiped down the counters and the table. :o) As if her company weren't enough. Thank you thank you thank you!
And, I talked with Bev today and have lined up Angelica to come and help out from 10-1 everyday. Thank you thank you thank you. Whew!
1. Company--and fun company at that. :o)
2. Lily and Erin play together so beautifully. It makes me so happy. :o)
3. Olympics Olympics Olympics. My favorite!
4. This video of Gracie singing. If you are a fan of "The Big Bang Theory", you simply must watch it. :o)
5. This beautiful story from my hometown paper about a young boy thinking about and helping those less fortunate than he.
6. Robin sent me this link to the most beautiful poem I've heard in a long long time.
7. Lest I forget, this link of the top seven heroes in literature. (Spoiler: Mr. Darcy and Gil are both on it--DUH!)
Another first that Hannah never had--first sleepover. :sigh: