Sunday, July 29, 2012
I figured if it was going to be decorated I needed to get in on the action. ;o)
So, I've been completely in my element this weekend. It's the OLYMPICS!!!!!! :o) The Opening Ceremony was fabulous. I'm a mega Anglophile and loved the show Danny Boyle put on. Jori and I texted back and forth for over 4.5 hours(!!) throughout. She's the perfect Olympics buddy since she is the only other person I know to get into them as much as I do.
Yes, Brien enjoys them (our new favorite event to watch archery!) and he and I will sit and watch together, but Jori and I are rabid. We've been texting back and forth the past couple of days. It makes it so fun!
I've tried to explain my internet friendships to folks, and it's really like having pen pals. :o)
She doesn't know what's going on and doesn't care other than her beloved Bubble Guppies isn't on the screen.
1. Opening Ceremony and Olympics!! Hooray!! You know me, I'm not worried about medal count. I'm most interested in the athletes and seeing them put on their best. :o)
2. I've been working on my cross stitch snowman. I'm getting there. ;o)
3. Visiting today with Troy and Kat and the kiddos. We've not seen them since Greyson's birthday and it was nice to get in a couple of hours' visit. Kat texted to let me know Greyson called out, "I love you, Lily" as they pulled away. :o) So sweet!
4. My neighbors are all so awesome! Marcia offered to take Lil to the swim team picnic and awards last night and then when she had to come home early, Bev brought her home. :o) Lil received a plaque(!) and left it with Marcia who then brought it to us this afternoon. So sweet!
5. Have I mentioned I'm loving the Olympics??
6. Texting with bloggy/internet friends--y'all are so sweet to check on me.
7. A lovely RAK surprise arrived in the mail from ME yesterday. Thank you, ME!! :o)