Thursday, August 09, 2012
While I'm a bit surprised by the green Fruit by the Foot, the rest of Bitty's selection is very much her.
Lissie said she stopped by the local nursery to pick up some more healthful fare such as tomatoes, cukes, etc., in hopes of counterbalancing the oh-my-god-the-kids-have-eaten-nothing-but-junk-food-all-day!
She hasn't been as homesick this time around, much to this mama's relief. I know she's going to need a few days to decompress--my little introvert is sure to be overstimulated and and exhausted--when she gets home because she's been SO busy at Camp Lissie. We'll drive to Jessie's Sunday to collect her. I can't wait! Absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder. We've been Facetimeing daily which helps us both, and I know she desperately needed the break from me and my ankle drama so this respite has been nice for her.
1. Carlos mowed and weedeated today. Yay!
2. Heckie has been SUCH a help around here. I'm going to have her come back next week too. :o)
3. The boot has been a godsend. I've most likely overdone it a bit (I even managed to unload the dishwasher and put clean dishes away and reload the dishwasher!--who knew I would actually enjoy doing that???) but it was lovely to get up and about. My toes aren't turning purple or swelling either! Hooray!!
4. Ellie sang "Soft Kitty" with me tonight. Sorry for the earworm you "Big Bang" fans.
5. I'm still enjoying the heck out of the Olympics. This is my favorite site for fun Olympics news. :o)