I spent today not only taking down the decorations, but also consolidating, cleaning out and disposing of items long unused or unneeded. I had purchased three new tubs from the sale at the 'jay and they have been put to good use.
I feel cheated.
|Please ignore the mess that is the kitchen. When it comes to decorating or take down, everything else falls by the wayside.|
|Again, please ignore that kitchen and coat closet.|
And, as much as I was looking forward to having my living room back, each time I look in that corner, I miss my tree. What a contrary creature I am. :oS
He had to take it apart!! My baby!!! I went out to check on getting the Christmas goodies put away in the attic and found he had stretched a line across the shop, and pieces of my baby were hanging from it. Hanging!
I know, I know, I want it to last, and it needed to be taken apart to make sure ALL the wood is protected, but man, it was painful to see it in pieces. :o(
The plan is to give it three coats of polyurethane and then put it back together and hit it with a fourth coat.
Tomorrow we're going to head to B&N and see what we can find in the calendar department--nothing like a good sale. ;o) And, I've got to take down Hannah's tree. As always, I've left it for last. I think there may be something to not wanting to say goodbye to Christmas and not wanting to say goodbye to Miss Monkey.
1. Getting my house back in shape. We'll be pulling out the "ransom " or "uh-oh" box once more come Sunday night.
2. B is home with me for another couple of days. It's been so wonderful having him here with me. :o) I know it sounds trite, but it's utterly true, the best gift for me this Christmas was the time I spent with my family.
3. Speaking of Christmas, I could resist taking a photo of the table set for Christmas dinner:
4. Miss Pincess. Yes, that's right, PINcess.
6. And, what do you suppose happens when you've finished dinner, your children have finished clearing their places and you tell them it's time to go upstairs and get nakey for a shower?
Another new year started without the Monkey here with us. I've still welcomed more new years with her than without her, but that won't always be the case and I just can't think about that. I'm definitely missing my Monkey Girl more than usual this evening. :sigh: