I put together this very yummy blackberry jam cake with caramel chocolate ganache, but I'm fairly certain I'm the only one in the family who actually enjoyed it. :oP Brien requested this cake specifically, after finding the recipe in the Vintage Cakes book. The jam is actually mixed into the batter, making for a very moist cake. And, that "frosting". OMStars. That is a decadent ganache, and will be added to my repertoire. :o)
We had beef tortilla casserole, seven layer bean dip and guacamole for dinner and he got a new drill press and Super Mario Wii (Lil's selection). Nana and Pop came to celebrate with us and I have to say I think he had a pretty good day. :o)
Brien has long hated the fixture, and I have to say it wasn't my favorite light either.
We had looked at a number of different industrial style lights and I had truly believed that's what I wanted--until I saw these pendants. Brien and I discussed it, and we knew whatever we put up would need a new hole cut, so we decided to go with this.
Lily is seven. She's old enough to know when she's left something where it doesn't belong. We've had the Ransom Box for a while, but I really formalized it this weekend.
So far the box has remained empty. I sincerely hope it stays that way, but knowing my lovey's tendency to pile things up on the counter, I'm sure it won't remain that way forever. Oh well.
So, Brien finished my recipe book pages! Aren't they absolutely perfect for me?? :o)
Oh, and that recipe? We had those last night too. I've posted the recipe before, but it definitely bears repeating. These are, without a doubt, the best margaritas around.
He's working on new section dividers for me as well. I can't wait to see what he comes up with. :o) And, because I'm now exploiting his graphic design skills, he's supposed to be working on a chore chart for Bitty, chore punch cards for Bitty, and potty punch cards for Beanie, as well as surprise/reward cards for when those punch cards are all punched up. As soon as they're created, I'll be sure to share. :o)
I can't say I blame him for not working on them tonight. We're wrapped up in the BCS Championship game and I keep getting distracted from this post as well. :oP This is it for college ball for the year...:sigh:
Because I'm all distracted and unfocused, I'm going to hop off. But, I'll leave you with this:
1. All the above minus the book disaster area.
2. Brien and I discussed it, and after trying to find a planner I liked as much and had all the features I was looking for, and we decided I could order this! I'm SO excited and can't wait for it to ship and arrive!!! Best of all, I found coupons so I didn't have to pay full price. HOORAY!
3. My new wall calendar. I love getting a new calendar and filling it out for the year. I typically get the Boynton Mom's calendar, but couldn't find one and found this one instead. Initially I was really irked because I thought the pages were too thin and the ink would show through. Nope!
4. Ellie stayed dry for most of the day. Hallelujah. Of course, tomorrow's a new day with new pottying trials...
5. Seeing Bitty so excited about school. She comes home everyday so full of enthusiasm and joy for her class, school and teacher and it makes my heart happy. :o)