Thursday, January 31, 2013
China Challenge #1
Isn't this a beautifully set table? Don't you just love the plastic cups and mismatched dinners?
But, I liked what we were having for dinner. However, I knew this would be a great way for me to get my quinoa fix, and both meals are incredibly easy to make, so it wasn't that big a deal.
As for dining on the china, well, I can tell you it had an impact on Lil's and my manners (B had a late night at work and couldn't join us). We took our time and used our best manners and thoroughly enjoyed our meals. We seemed to want to linger over our food instead of rush through it--it was lovely. And, it was lovely to use my china and smile, having something so beautiful on which to eat such simple fare. :o)
1. So, remember those daffodils that were sprouting?
2. I found this on the back of one of the math papers Lil brought home:
3. Ellie and I went for a walk on the Noland Trail in NN on Tuesday:
4. I think I finally caught up on all my errands. Whew! Now to catch back up on all the chores. The house has fallen into chaos once more. Drats. I can craft, or I can clean, but apparently I can't seem to manage both. Spoot. Hm...another goal for 2013? ;o)
5. I've finally figured something out: Ellie was a good little monkey, but always VERY curious. That's it! She's curious George! She doesn't mean to get into mischief, she's just exploring and that's the result.
6. Lil brought home great test papers on Tuesday. Woo hoo! And, she really seems to still be enjoying school. :o)