Thursday, January 24, 2013

Hodge Podge of a Post

Everyone in our house has chores.

It doesn't matter if you're 2 or 37. 

If you have sorting abilities and can walk and talk, you too can put away the silverware.

That said, could I get the job done faster if I did it myself?  Of course.  However, Bean likes to help and I'm happy to let her do it while I sit and eat my brekky and drink my morning scad. ;o)

Sunday it was 63 degrees.  I believe the high today was in the 20's.  It's gotten downright cold for these parts.

We had snow squalls and flurries today and are under a winter weather advisory for tomorrow.  I knew when we got the snow last week we wouldn't have to worry about the roads because the days had been so warm.

We've had at freezing or below freezing temps since Tuesday, meaning those roadways are cold now.  I'm concerned about Brien and Pop since they have a long commute down I64 and the white stuff's supposed to start just after lunchtime.  :oS 

Meanwhile, Lil's off tomorrow and supposed to have a sleepover with Erin tomorrow night.  We're supposed to drive to NN to pick her up tomorrow evening.  I'm thinking that may not happen...we'll see. 

I've been playing around with cards and such, trying to get some inventory together for the Etsy shop.  I have so many ideas swirling around in my head for wreaths, and this one came to fruition in a couple of hours this afternoon.  It's simple, yet, effective.  I got a couple pompom makers from JoAnn a couple of weeks ago, and boy howdy are they fun!  I'm envisioning a wreath made entirely of pompoms.  I also see one made of felt flowers.  Oh, and lest I forget, I still have a crumpled paper flower wreath floating around up there.  The thing is, I don't have the space in my house for all these wreaths...Helllll-o Etsy shop. ;o)

Speaking of offudios, I do need to be off to play around in there for a bit.  It's been wonderful to get in there and just play. Ahhh.  I've watched the Humphrey Bogart/Audrey Hepburn "Sabrina", "Pride and Prejudice" (oh mercy, Colin Firth's Mr. Darcy!!), and "When Harry Met Sally".  It's a real chick flick festival in there. ;o)

****************************
Sparklies:

1.  The snow was really swirling and blowing out there this morning:


2.  The last of my organizational products arrived today:
I do love Thirty-one products. :o)  I've tucked crayons, two little containers of PlayDoh, a couple of pads of paper and some colored pens in the big bag.  The little one is holding medicines.  Everything gets tucked down in the big bag along with a pack of wipes and diapers/pull-ups and there's even room for my baby and the monster bag.  Hooray!

3.  Dinner tonight was this:

The weather was perfect for a big ol' pot of pinto beans and cornbread. :o)

4.  A warm and toasty house when it's so cold out there.  No, I don't want to hear it, Amy. ;oP  It's cold for here. :oP

5.  I've posted two more cards over on the stamping blog.  Hooray for the long neglected blog! :o)

No milestones.

4 comments:

Bailey's Leaf said...

Chores. Oh, yes. We do believe in child labor here. She doesn't work from dawn til dusk, but I think that it is important for a child to learn how to contribute to the family. As I tell K, the palace doesn't clean itself and there is certainly not a fairy in the basement dealing with the laundry. K has a reasonable amount of chores, but chores that are expected to be done.

A pom-pom maker? Huh.

I'm so glad that you are starting a store. :)

I'm giggling because you know, I still win. The morning temperature texts tell you that I do. Because you gave me #4, I couldn't resist. ;) Still, in the 20's is chilly willy puddin' pie here or there. But I was 3 degrees just a morning ago . . .

Jori said...

I didn't know they have pom pom makers! Last year when I made a pom pom wreath, my blood deprived fingers were the pom pom maker! Ouch! I'm very interested in an all pom pom wreath. My valentine one didn't make it to Missouri.

Kelli said...

How sweet that Miss Bean loves to help and that you are teaching them about chores at such an early age. Whoo, it is pretty chilly for your area. We have bitter cold temps here and should get some snow today. I know the flurries make you happy :) Those pinto beans look DElicious!!!

Anonymous said...

Mr Darcy will keep you warm.

xox

Jane