Monday, January 28, 2013
Pom Pom Wreath Tutorial
I finished this cutie tonight after making another 45 pompoms. Whew! It really is worth it, though, as there is just something so wonderful about fluff and polka dots. :o) All this needs is an appropriate ribbon and she's finished! I'll be listing her on Etsy when the shop is finally ready to go. More on that in a bit.
these two and used the smallest one on this wreath--1 3/8". I also have the larger two as well. I got mine from JoAnn, but they are on Amazon as well (what can't you get on Amazon??).
I was really uncertain as to how to use it, even with the directions provided so I went right to YouTube and found this video to help me out. But, I thought I would walk you through as well.
End with the yarn at the end of the arm. This is important for the next step.
Can you see how the yarn is coming off the end of that first arm and ready to wrap around the other one?
You open those arms back up and separate the two halves.
It needs a bit of a haircut, but hey, it's not bad and beats the wrapping the yarn around your fingers method. ;o)
I started with a pattern on the inside, but eventually just started randomly applying the poms wherever I saw a need for a color break.
Now then, an Etsy shop update: Brien has finished taking photos of the cards. I have registered for a store and come up with a name ("Monkey Studio Designs") and we are working on the final details. I'm hoping we can have it up and running by Friday, if not sooner! :o) I'll keep you posted!
1. Home with my Bitty today--she had a day off--and listening to Ellie begging Lil to play with her. She really is such a little extrovert. But, why does this make me happy? It means my girl wants to play with her sister, not just play next to her.
2. I got the pompom wreath all finished. Hooray!
3. Snuggling with Finn on the couch.
4. Bitty helped out with her chores today without being asked--go chore chart!
5. Coffee. Nectar of the gods, I tell ya. I love my early morning cup with my morning me time.