Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Sick

Things have turned a bit hectic and yucky since Sunday afternoon.  Bitty awoke yesterday and informed me she felt awful.  A quick check of her temp confirmed she was in fact ill (her fever was anywhere from 100-102.4 yesterday) and it was downhill from there. 

I got nothing done around the house (if I don't get up and get moving first thing, I seem to have a terrible time becoming motivated later) and spent much of the day snuggling with Lil and cleaning up after Bean (and to the anon commenter, yes, her dresser is snug and safe and in no danger of toppling on her--thank you for asking!). 

Even though he got to work early yesterday, B still wound up working late, and there was no dinner since I was unable to get to the grocery, meaning we ate whatever I could dig up around the house.  By the time I got everyone in bed, I was exhausted and was out by 10:00.  Brien checked his email, and he too was out like a light by 10:00.  So, no wreaths were listed, and I got nothing done with Etsy yesterday.  I'm hoping tonight will be better. 

Lil was home again today as her fever was still 100.3 this morning.  She is still feeling lightheaded and headache-y and I just feel so awful for her.  It's most likely a virus that needs to run its course.  So far the rest of us seem to be okay, but I'm not holding my breath.  I have some sort of cold that is wearing me down, and I'm sure Bean is next.  :oS 

However, Lil is feeling a bit better.  With Motrin, her temp is 98.9 and her headache is improved.  She's actually asking for food, which I consider a good sign.  Hopefully she'll wake up tomorrow and feel like her old self. :fingers crossed: 

I'm looking forward to getting back into my "normal" routine to include my daily walk and getting groceries.  Home cooked food...ahhhhh. I'm also trying to catch up on the laundry and get the house caught up cleaning-wise.  Oy.

*****************************
Sparklies:

1.  The vinegar rinse and deep conditioning I did today has left my hair feeling so soft and happy. :o)
2.  Lil possibly feeling better.
3.  I think it's starting to warm up a little bit out there.
4.  A new Simon's Cat for you cat lovers/owners out there to enjoy:


No milestones.


10 comments:

Ness said...

So sorry to hear about Lil. Praying that this turns around soon and she is back to being healthy Lil.

jaydee said...

Rach, I hope Lil is feeling so much better in the morning. Poor little thing.
Thanks for the SImon's cat.... I screamed with laughter. It's like feeding time at our house - except we have multiples of the little beggars scheming :-)
Hugs
Jaydee
oh... btw... what are you using to help you embrace your curls? I've decided I need to do that for a while? embrace my curls... not yours :-)

Allison said...

Oh, poor Lil! Maggie went back to school today after missing 3 days! Strep + sinus infection=sick kid!!!
I hope she feels better soon!

Bailey's Leaf said...

Bummer dude with the sick kiddo. So sorry! Here's to hoping Lil is better soon and that her funk is hers alone. She needn't share. No! Really! No sharing, please.

Korinthia Klein said...

We love Simon's cat. My son and I just sat at my laptop and watched at least a half dozen clips in a row.

Hope Bitty feels better soon.

Jori said...

Poor sweet Lily, I hope she is feeling better today!

Peg said...

So Sorry Lil is sick. Damon had the flu and had fevers for 4 days and was out for the count for a full week. It sucked. What sucked even more was getting him caught up with all the school work he missed.

I can't wait to order some cards!!

Thanks for introducing us to Simon's cat...lots of giggles last night. We regularly claim to have the best cat in the world, but boy when she is hungry she becomes the most annoying cat in the world.

Hang in there!!

Sue said...

I LOVE Simon's cat. A coworker introduced me to the comic a few months ago and I laugh every time I watch it. I hope Lily is feeling better and that no one else in your family gets sick!!! Take care.

Sue

Linda said...

My 7 year old "grand"had that darn bug last week.:-(
Her temp hovered around 103 for 2 days with tummy ache, headache and dizziness. Yuck. Everyone else escaped, snd I hope you are lucky like that!
I'm offto check out your Etsy store!!

Korinthia Klein said...

Dude, you are starting to freak me out with how long it's been since you've posted. Is everyone still sick? Hope you are just having too much fun with your new Etsy store to post.