Thursday, February 21, 2013

So

So, yeah.  I've got nothing.  Truly.  There's a bunch of icky stuff going down and I don't want to blog about it because it's political and I make an effort to not get political here because it's so contentious and folks feel the need to share their thoughts and opinions a little too freely without taking the time to listen to anything anyone else has to say and things disintegrate until there's nothing but trolls, trolls and more trolls.  *pant pant pant* *swift inhale* (Sorry for the run-on there.)

I don't like the trolls.  I don't like or enjoy conflict and in fact will tuck my tail between my legs and run as far and fast from conflict as I can.  I really do try not to invite that to my blog because this is my space and my place and I want it to be a happy, supportive, KIND place. 

And, somehow I'm rambling and ranting when all I really want to say is that yes, there's crap going down with regards to Brien's job and sequestration and furloughs and I'm more than a little stressed out right now, and believe me, I know we're not the only ones impacted by this--not by a long shot. 

This is at the forefront of my mind and I can't focus on much else right now.  I'm sorry.  I desperately wish I had other things to share, but this is going to have a big impact on us so I'm not thinking about much else. 

My Pollyanna is taking a hit and I'm trying to find that silver lining...

16 comments:

Anna See said...

Hang in there, sweet girl! Sounds miserable. xoxo

Rebekah Thomas said...

I'm sorry you're having to worry about that, Rach! I'm praying for Brien and for you.

Mom24 said...

Hoping this isn't too political, I'll just say I am absolutely disgusted with our politicians, our political process and I do not understand why our representatives and senators are off on vacations. It's all revolting. Real people's lives hang in the balance.

Rach said...

Thank you, Anna and Rebekah.

Mom24, THANK YOU! That's exactly what I wanted to say. Precisely that. Well, and oh so much more...Gr.

Peg said...

We are going through the same thing with both of our jobs with the government. I'm trying not to panic but my mind keeps wandering to how we'll take of all these kids if one or both of us are furloughed. I don't give a rats poop about politics, I just want to support my family. Sorry you're feeling the stress. Hugs, hugs, and more hugs!!

Christina said...

I am so sorry. :(

jorijepps said...

So sorry Rach! I'm with Mom24!! I will be praying for a swift resolution.

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you, Rachael. I keep my head in the sand in regards to politics, so I don't know quite what's going on, but of course you are on my mind. Hugs:)

Allison said...

Oops. That's me up there as anonymous. :)

Carrie said...

Yeah, it's all anyone can talk about here in NoVa. as you can imagine lots of fed workers and contractors are worried. Here's hoping someone remembers how to do their job - you know, govern? (PS - i have the joy of lobbying on this as well. did you know that 600,000 babies/kids will lose WIC benefits? Yikers!). Hang in there, and I hope you can find a happy place in your mind over the next month....

ME said...

Hugs!! In a previous teaching job, my position was paid with grant money and every spring I would have to wait until the state budget passed to know whether or not I still had a job for the following year. Not fun stuff. Hang in there, and know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!!
In totally unrelated news, I am so jealous of your flower photos from the other day. Snow, snow, snow here. I think February is getting to me because the only things I want to eat are chocolate, and carbs slathered in butter and/or cheese. Spring better hurry up! ;)

Thinking of you!!
Mary Ellen

Bailey's Leaf said...

:(

Anonymous said...

xoxox

Jane

Rach said...

Peg, I've been worried about you guys.

Carrie, yes, exactly! How in the WORLD can they be on recess when there are babies and kiddos who are going to go without their much needed bennies??? ARGH!!

This isn't about me so much as it's about everyone who is going to be affected by this mess because our politicians can't get their act together to keep it from happening. ARGH!

Korinthia Klein said...

I'm so sorry. I've had trouble writing for a bit too with political things on my mind. I struggle with finding words that won't be misunderstood. It's hard when you write to feel you have to censor yourself.

We'll all be here whenever you are up to writing again so don't worry about taking all the time you need.

jaydee said...

Rach, big hugs and I'll be thinking about you all. As for politics... I don't care which side you are on.. this is a mess all round and I hate leadership by FUD. It's a mess!
Hugs
jaydee