Sunday, February 10, 2013
I've been trying to catch up on chores and laundry and those sorts of things--we don't even want to go there with the amount of laundry I've had piling up...B was ready to go out and purchased new undershirts (it was that bad *blushes*).
Lil and I have been getting on each others' nerves and I've been a grumpy beast of epic proportions. She seems to be feeding off that and I can tell you right now I dread her (and Ellie's for that matter) teenage years.
But, there have been calm moments as well.
And then, the moment passes and I'm left questioning why in the world I thought it would be a good idea to have another...:eye roll: (Okay, not really, but you know what I mean.) Ah, the joys of having a sister. Who else would get into all your things and destroy your bedroom? Who else would taunt and tease you with things you can't have or aren't yet old enough to play with?
I will say there are more moments of sweetness than those of chaos, but those chaotic moments are the ones that stick with me. But, isn't that true about much of life? The bad sticks with us and stands out in our memories while the sweet and gentle moments fade in their wake.
It seems we have moles.
1. Lil and Bean working together on Valentines today.
2. I made the most amazing smelling lemon oatmeal bars this evening. I let you know how they came out.
3. The Ransom Box is working SO well! I just go around at the end of the evening and pop in anything that isn't where it belongs. No fuss, no muss. Yay!
4. I cleaned out and reorganized the school/play room. I had finally had enough and spent a good two or three hours in there. Lil was a doll when she got home from Cam's and helped out quite a bit even thought it wasn't her mess.
5. Ellie watched B dropping bath color tabs in her tub this evening and said, "Pink and den de byoo will make purple!" Miss Smarty Pants!