Tuesday, March 05, 2013
But, I digress.
I'm feeling almost 100% and am overjoyed about it! :o) The house is almost back to rights (as long as you don't look in my dishwasher and dryer or look too closely at the flat surfaces that are currently being protected by a thick layer of dust) and hey, did I mention I'm happy to no longer feel wretched?
In some ways it's better being ill now than it was in my youth. Sure, I had adults taking care of me and coddling me (and, you know, I really do still want my mommy when I'm feeling so awful), and, yes, there were cartoons to be watched (thank you satellite dish receiver!), but today we have The Internet. Yes, that's right, I invested hours yesterday in pointless and meaningless surfing and discovered something I found quite wonderful. For those of you who knew of this and didn't share, how could you?
For those of you as ignorant of the existence of this existential cat as I, I present to you, Henri:
Ah, internet, what would I do without you?
You're there for me when I need to know something right now and B doesn't know either.
You provide me with videos of commercials from my childhood:
And, should I ever want to watch a "Schoolhouse Rock" clip, they're all right there!
Oh, and funnies, and food for my garbage mind, and so much more. Thank you, internet for providing me with hours and hours of useless fun and entertainment and pleasure. :o)
And, just for the fun of it:
Thank you, Jess. I still get a chuckle every time I watch it. :o)
1. I'm OBVIOUSLY feeling better. Whew!
2. The carpet and kitchen floor no longer leaving me wanting to howl in frustration. Have I mentioned how much I utterly adore my Dyson vacuum? The one I've had since 2002 that is still running like a dream? The one that works so well when they pulled up my carpet and padding two years ago there was quite literally NO DIRT? None. That Dyson? Yup, awesomest vacuum in the world. I actually enjoy vacuuming with it. Sick, I know.
3. When I went out to refill the bird feeder early this morning (and not because I was faced with this) I was greeted with the cacophonous chorus of birdsong that is so characteristic of spring. It was beautiful and has me longing for warmer weather so I can get out and get my yard ready! The new raised beds and expanded garden will have to wait another year (thank you, spooty congress!), but I have plenty to work with nonetheless.
4. We have baby plants upstairs in the guest room! I'll have to snap some pics and share. :o)
5. The internet. Thank you, internet, for everything. :o)
***ETA 3/5/13 7:07 PM***
How remiss of me, Jessie. Thank you for the reminder.