Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Finding Our Groove
The child is ready! She's been begging to do school. Silly Bean. She has no idea what that really means...;o)
She and I are still out and about around CW every morning, though. That won't change. I need that fresh air, sunshine and exercise. The yo has held steady. I think this is due in part to that walk in the mornings. It's wonderful to get out, to move, to feel the sunshine on my skin, to say "good morning" to all we pass (I have a friend who thought I was crazy but now finds herself doing it--there's nothing like passing along a smile :o)).
I was out doing the "old man shuffle" (hereto and forever more known as the OMS) this morning with the C25K app. You know, it sounds so simple. Run for 30 seconds, walk for 90. Funny how long those 30 second periods feel when you've allowed yourself to get out of shape (yet again!!). Yeesh. So, while I may have started strong on the running, by the end, it was definitely OMS. :oP I am strongly considering doing that 5K in December. With the C25K program, I should be able to do it. And to think at one time in my past, a 3 mile run was a light/easy day...Ha!
In the meantime, I'm working on figuring out our home cleaning routine as well. More chores have been added to Lil's slate, but as she's not here during the day when I'm doing the chores, well, she's not much help. ;o) However, she's a HUGE help when she is home. :o)
My house looks like it exploded or vomited the contents of all the toy bins all over. I'm not sure which. It's bad. I typically have a couple of chores a day so the entire house gets cleaned each week, but I'm not spending hours doing it. Alas, I've not stayed on top of things, and there's that whole explosion thing to deal with and well, I just don't even know where to start. I HATE that.
So, yes, we're still trying to find our rhythm, but I have high hopes we'll have found it by next week. :o)
1. Lil is loving second grade. Hooray!
2. The praying mantis by the backdoor the other morning.
3. The butterflies are SOOOOO prolific out back! I am definitely getting Mexican Sunflowers again next year--they have been a hit with everybody!
4. I saw one of my female hummers today. I thought for sure they had all started to migrate, but there she was!
5. My titmice are back. I've missed them.
6. I ran this morning. Yes, it was ultimately the OMS, but I did it. Whew!
7. Walking with a buddy so you have accountability as well as company and somebody who will listen when you just need to vent.
8. My sweet husband. Just because. :o)
9. I watched Ellie push a step stool over to the fridge, push the "ice" button, get some ice, push the "water" button, fill her sippy, and then put the lid on. I'm fairly certain I just stood there gaping. I'm also fairly certain I'm rather superfluous in her life. ;oP