Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happiness Day

Raise your hand if you knew the UN had determined March 20 to be the United Nations International Day of Happiness.

Yeah, me either.  Until this morning on CNN when I saw it mentioned.  Who knew??

As you all know I love happiness and joy and fully embrace it.  What follows are things that have made me happy recently.  :o)

First off, this photo of Miss Bit.  She's getting so BIG!  We never buy spring portraits because we spend that fortune in the fall.  But, how can I NOT purchase this photo??  This girl has such a beautiful spirit.  She went to the book fair today and used some of her own money to purchase a birthday book for her sister. 

Next, my Beanie girl:



What a sweetie pie!  She's such a doll!

Then, there was this guy. 

"Oh hai.  Ur bird feeder is out of nomz and I would like to haz sum pleez."

I kept hearing something on the screen over my kitchen sink and went to check it out.  There he was.  He saw me and hopped down, hung around waiting and then peeked up to see if I was still there.

Silly squirrel. 
Oh, and this!  How could this not make me happy?  Nikki, this is one awesome piece of cake.  :o)

I tempted C to come for a visit today with the promise of a slice.  Hee hee.  We had a lovely visit while our two played. 
This just made me laugh.  I got the stamp pads today.  They're not that big, maybe an inch square.  I love the "not to be taken internally" warning.  Seriously? :snort:

It was sunny today.  Sunny and warm and lovely.  Happiness is sunshine on a spring day. 

Then, of course, there's this:

How could this fail to make you happy?  :o)

Then, there's this article discussing making "Happy" Virginia's state song. ;o)

And, doing a bit of research I found this beautiful site.  And, then of course, there's this site asking you to take action to help promote positive social change and asking what we can do to create a happier society.  This is definitely a movement I can get behind.

I'll end with this link to a delightful little video on CNN that made me smile and a bit weepy as well because it was so beautiful.

We all have things (such an unspecific word) in our lives that bring us happiness.  These are just some of the things that brought me happiness today.  What about you? What brings you happiness?

5 comments:

Lissie said...

Having copies of my grandchildren's school photos is what makes me happy. :-)

Nikki Frank-Hamilton said...

This is National happy day!!! At first I was a bit disgruntled by the photo of the slice of cake, I was salivating! But oh the recipe is included! I am singing like Pharrell at this moment!!!
BTW, the girls are absolutely adorable.

Becky said...

Things that make me happy...my girls, my hubby, coffee with hazelnut creamer, and you following me on Instagram. Thanks, Rachael! :)

Bailey's Leaf said...

I was finally able to clean my floor. That brought me happiness. I was able to get many things handled today and that is a good thing. I didn't bargain on the 2" of snow, but I will be lazy and will drive to pick up K. It is wonderful that I have a car to do such things. Led Zeppelin is playing and that is currently making me very happy. Oh, and I have a hankerin' for chocolate and that will need to be remedied. That will make me all sorts of happy!

Bailey's Leaf said...

I was finally able to clean my floor. That brought me happiness. I was able to get many things handled today and that is a good thing. I didn't bargain on the 2" of snow, but I will be lazy and will drive to pick up K. It is wonderful that I have a car to do such things. Led Zeppelin is playing and that is currently making me very happy. Oh, and I have a hankerin' for chocolate and that will need to be remedied. That will make me all sorts of happy!